Sewing | DIY | Crafts

Operation Build a Bra: take one

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

The good:
*I was able to assemble something that for all intents and purposes IS a bra!

*The notes I took when I took apart the original bra helped SO much.

* the back and side bands worked out just fine. I don’t foresee any adjustments being made there.

The bad:
* Since I knew going in that this 9/10 wouldn’t end up wearable I was not meticulous with my sewing.

* fabric choice killed it! Cotton interlock has much to much stretch. One look at the center front and u can see its way too stretched out. It did NOT start that way. It literally grew as I sewed.

The ugly:
* the cups. OMG! First the interlock was a huge mistake. As it grew out of control, when I tried it on. The upper cups the fabric did not lay flat against my chest. At all. Not pretty.

Going forward::
* pick a sturdier knit. Less stretch. I’m thinking a woven with some stretch may work.
* clear elastic along the edge of the upper cups to keep the shape, and help it lay flat.
*center front is cut slightly smaller maybe shave off 1/4″

One thought on “Operation Build a Bra: take one

Leave a Reply